7’3” (4'3" when in 'human' form)◊Alignment:
Collecting trinkets // Daring explorations (not really) // Sifting through picture books // Swimming // Hunting◊Likes/Dislikes:
+ Books. Can’t read them, but on the rare occasion that she does stumble upon them, she finds the illustrations absolutely fascinating
+ Being underwater
+ Anything that is familiar and safe
- Unfamiliar territory
- Anything that generally seems to ‘stick out’, at least until deeming whether it is safe or not
- Violence ◊Personality:
From the moment of her birth, she knew fear, and that was fear of the unknown and all that was out there. This fear eventually gave way to wrath, as wrath did more wonders in keeping the unwanted at bay and intimidated than fear did.
But she did grow curious.
So with heavy amounts of caution, Darcy would slowly begin to explore outside her comfort zone, though every challenge would be met with a hiss and quickly fleeing so to observe from a distance before attempting to continue again. With no friends to speak of and little social interaction behind her belt, it would be accurate to say that Darcy is currently emotionally stunted, only really able to comfortably exhibit fear and anger.
Despite this though, she is not an evil being. Unsympathetic and quick to anger, perhaps, but not purposely malevolent. ◊Creating Poem:
I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.
And I watered it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.
And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright.
And my foe beheld it shine.
And he knew that it was mine,
And into my garden stole
When the night had veiled the pole;
In the morning glad I see
My foe outstretched beneath the tree.
William Blake, “A Poison Tree”.◊History:
Currently suffering from an existential crisis, will be added when it begins to take form.◊Additional Information:
- Is bioluminescent in the dark (as pictured above) so to attract prey.
- Semi-aquatic. Even in a more human form, she prefers not to stray far from water.
- In planes outside her own, she sheds the skin shown above and takes on a more human form as a form of adaption (the above only really thrives in dank, moist environments.): [link]
- Stills of the above gif can be found here: [link]
- Her home is a land permanently wreathed in heavy fog, and it is always cold and dank, as little sunlight ever pierces through. Despite the heavy amounts of vegetation, most are inedible, and a majority gain nutrition either by being carnivorous or parasitic. Appearance-wise, it would most resemble a swamp.
because I am not addicted to joining rad looking groups and I do not have a problem I blame ~BitterFish okay she made a really cool app and I couldn't resist